Project Description

This section of painted wall is from the now-demolished back room of 3 Cornmarket Street which was a tavern. It was first called the Salutation Tavern and later the Crowne Tavern. The initials of John Tattleton, who lived here from 1564 to 1581, were found above the frieze.

Thanks to the following people for supporting the Museum and ensuring this new object will be on display: Sara Howard, Sue Brown, Simon Richard Sholl, Tony and Deborah Burrows, Janice Bridges, and Sammye Fuqua Haigh.