Museum Events & Admin Assistant
Application closing date: 19/04/2023
Hybrid Oxford – Town Hall/Work from home
Salary: G5: £24,395 to £25,138 per annum – (pro rata for part time)
Fixed term: 1 year, 30 hours per week.
Job reference code:
Please Note: All vacancies close at midnight on the stated closing date.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated person to join the museum team at the beautiful Grade II* Victorian Oxford Town Hall. The newly refurbished Museum of Oxford is the only museum to tell the story of the city of Oxford and its people. Opened in October 2021, the new museum is fully accessible, has three times the number of objects on display, features the voices of local people telling their own stories, and includes a brand new welcome and retail area and two new learning and engagement spaces.
The Events Assistant will support the museum team with the promotion of the museum, its public programmes and income generating activities, providing event related administrative and operational support in in the heart of Oxford city centre..
We are looking for an individual with previous administrative and customer service experience. You will be well organised, a good communicator with a good knowledge of computers and various software packages.
Responsibilities and main duties:
- Supporting the team with communication and marketing activities such as scheduling social media posts, building targeted contacts lists, and ensuring the website and online listings are up to date
- Answering incoming calls in a polite and professional manner
- To assist the team monitor the email inbox and deal with any enquiries
- Supporting the museum team during times of high workload and leave
- Provide cover for the museum reception desk / shop, for staff breaks, leave, busy periods, special events and occasional sickness as necessary
- Assist with front of house operations, help with opening and closing of museum spaces and set up for events, overseeing the galleries and public spaces during busy periods and special events, as necessary
- Use of booking and ticketing software to make accurate internal and external bookings, highlighting conflicts in the diary
- General administrations duties to support the team including:
- Updating calendars / schedules to ensure all team are advised of changes to requirements and kept fully informed requiring excellent communication skills
- Organising group visits to the Museum and liaising with the team and members of the public
- Maintaining filing systems and customer databases,
- Sending out information and written correspondence
- Keeping accurate records at all times, being organised and methodical and adhering to the departmental procedures
Please apply by 19th April 2023. Applications to be made via the Oxford City Council website. Please note that we are not able to accept CVs without the online application.
Please read the person specification thoroughly before completing the application form.
The Museum of Oxford is unable to accept speculative CVs and calls from agencies. Any paid internships will be advertised on this page.