Grade 3: £10.40 per hour, plus £1.11 holiday rate per hour
Fixed Term up to October 2022
As and when Required
Oxford City Council’s Museum of Oxford will be reopening in the autumn and is looking for Casual Museum Retail Assistants to provide cover during staff holiday, sickness, busy periods and special events. To work primarily in the museum welcome area and gift shop, but may also be required to support events across the museum. Working front of house you will cover a variety of tasks including the following:
- operating the till system and cashing up
- answering telephone and on-site queries
- assisting with practical building support
- processing bookings and payments
As a Casual Museum Retail Assistant, you will be the face of the Museum of Oxford for the local community and visitors to the city. This role is vital to ensuring the museum operates to its full potential and visitors leave having had an enjoyable experience and are keen to recommend the museum to friends and family.
This presents a great opportunity for an individual with the relevant skills. This role will suit people who:
- are friendly, flexible and committed to providing the highest standards of customer service
- are reliable, with excellent time keeping
- have an enthusiastic approach to work,
- are able to respond to a range of situations when dealing with the public and your colleagues
If this sounds like you, we would be pleased to hear from you.