Volunteers are at the heart of MOX and play a vital role in supporting the work we do. We offer a range of opportunities both inside the Museum space and outside with the wider community; remotely and in-person; public-facing; and behind-the-scenes.
Museum volunteer showing a visitor a child’s gas mask from the Second World War
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and aim to provide rewarding and enriching experiences for all. We offer flexible commitment to suit your schedule: you decide what you would like to give your time towards.
There are many benefits to volunteering with us. As a volunteer you can:
- Learn about the Museum, our collection, and the history of Oxford and its people
- Gain new skills for your CV
- Make use of your talents
- Make friends and meet fascinating people
- Share your passion and enthusiasm with the public
- Be part of a friendly team
- Access exclusive events and training for volunteers
“Volunteering at the museum has greatly boosted my confidence, enabling me to change career paths in the last few years.”
“I get a lot inspiration and real pleasure from my involvement with the museum.”
“I would recommend being a volunteer because it is so much more than the title suggests. You become a part of a larger organisation which in itself pushes you to bigger and better things no matter who you are. It is for everyone and anyone and the rewards are endless.”