Volunteers are at the heart of MOX and play a vital role in supporting the work we do. We offer a range of opportunities both inside the Museum space and outside with the wider community; remotely and in-person; public-facing; and behind-the-scenes.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and aim to provide rewarding and enriching experiences for all. We offer flexible commitment to suit your schedule: you decide what you would like to give your time towards.
There are many benefits to volunteering with us. As a volunteer you can:
- Learn about the Museum, our collection, and the history of Oxford and its people
- Gain new skills for your CV
- Make use of your talents
- Make friends and meet fascinating people
- Share your passion and enthusiasm with the public
- Be part of a friendly team
- Access exclusive events and training for volunteers
“Volunteering at the museum has greatly boosted my confidence, enabling me to change career paths in the last few years.”
“I get a lot inspiration and real pleasure from my involvement with the museum.”
“I would recommend being a volunteer because it is so much more than the title suggests. You become a part of a larger organisation which in itself pushes you to bigger and better things no matter who you are. It is for everyone and anyone and the rewards are endless.”